TradeDuel is not a real investing platform. Investing in securities involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. Investors should assess their investment needs based on their own financial circumstances, risk tolerance, and investment objectives. Past performance is not an indication of future results, and investment returns and share prices fluctuate on a daily basis. Diversification and asset allocation do not ensure profit or protect against loss in declining markets.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by TradeDuel is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed as, an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities or other instruments by TradeDuel. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by TradeDuel to buy, sell, or hold any security, financial product, or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. The material provided by third parties that are not affiliated with TradeDuel is also being provided to you for educational purposes only, unless stated otherwise. Such content has been written by a third party not affiliated with TradeDuel. Therefore, TradeDuel is not responsible for such content, and such content neither is, nor should be construed as, an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy, sell, or hold any securities.
We Are Not Investment Advisors
Investment advisory services are NOT offered through TradeDuel.
The legal status of cryptocurrency is uncertain and constantly evolving
The trading of interests in virtual currencies (including the Supported Cryptocurrencies) entails certain risks. This document provides you with information about some of these risks, but cannot predict all of the risks which may arise nor can it describe how such risks relate to your personal circumstances. If you are in any doubt about whether the Cryptocurrency Service is right for you, you may wish to seek guidance from a professional adviser.
You should carefully assess whether your financial situation and tolerance for risk is suitable for any form of exposure to cryptocurrencies.
- Given that the market for cryptocurrencies is relatively new, the legal nature of cryptocurrency is – in most jurisdictions – yet to be determined by statute, regulation or case law. In the absence of such authority, it is not clear how a regulator or court may treat interests or rights arising trading in cryptocurrency. In particular, the law applicable to firms who hold cryptocurrencies in custody (particularly in the event of such firms’ insolvency) is far from clear.
- It is possible that a national or supranational regulator may take unilateral action to legislate the cryptocurrency market in a manner which prevents or encumbers the proper operation of the market in your jurisdiction. This may impact whether we can offer the Cryptocurrency Service to you.
- Since the blockchain is an independent public peer-to peer network and is not subject to regulation or control by any authority or firm, we are not responsible for any failure, mistake, error and/or breach which shall occur on the blockchain or on any other networks in which the Supported Cryptocurrencies are being issued and/or traded.
- We do not own or control the underlying software protocols which govern the operation of the Supported Cryptocurrencies. In general, the underlying protocols are open source and anyone can use, copy, modify, and distribute them.
- The underlying protocols of the Supported Cryptocurrencies are subject to sudden changes in operating rules (‘forks’), and such forks may materially affect the value, function, and/or even the name of the Supported Cryptocurrency.
- Given the various risks attaching to cryptocurrency exchanges (including the uncertain legal environment), it is possible that a Cryptocurrency Exchange could suspend our terminate its relationship with us and sometimes won’t tell us why. In these circumstances, we may have to suspend the Cryptocurrency Service ourselves but we will try to transfer the underlying Supported Cryptocurrency to another Cryptocurrency Exchange as soon as possible.
- The cryptocurrency market is highly susceptible to market manipulation and other misuse for illegal activities. The market is likely to be adversely affected if law enforcement agencies investigate any allegedly illegal activities on the Cryptocurrency Exchange or any other cryptocurrency platform
- The market for the Supported Currencies is still relatively new and uncertain. The price or value of cryptocurrency can rapidly increase or decrease at any time and may even fall to zero. The risk of loss in trading or holding an interest in cryptocurrencies can be substantial and can result in the loss of the entire value of your interest in cryptocurrency.
- More generally, cryptocurrencies are susceptible to bubbles or loss of confidence (irrational or otherwise), which could collapse demand relative to supply. For example, confidence might collapse in any given cryptocurrency because of unexpected changes imposed by the software developers or others, a government crackdown, the creation of superior competing alternative currencies, or a deflationary or inflationary spiral. Confidence might also collapse because of technical problems: if the anonymity of the system is compromised, if money is lost or stolen, or if hackers or governments are able to prevent any transactions from settling.
When we say “TradeDuel” in our disclosures, we’re referring to Massaroni & Silletti Technology, LLC or any or all of its subsidiaries
For more information please see our Terms and Conditions.